Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. – Adelle Davis
How you start your day may easily determine how the rest of your day will be. A healthy nutritious breakfast can prepare you for a whole day of challenges. Still, do we even know what a healthy breakfast is? Some would say that it is a serving of fruits, others that it is the ever popular smoothie, while devotees of chrono diet would recommend a cup of tea with a few drops of lemon.
Since not all people are created alike, it is highly likely that the content and the amount of your breakfast plate should be determined based on your body type, weight and physical fitness. If there is one certain thing about ingredients that should find its place on your morning plate that is that they have to be easily digestible. Because of that, it is essential to include whole grains and plenty of fruits and vegetables. High-fiber foods do not put too much stress on your stomach and significantly improve your gut health.
Here are some recipes you can try to kickstart your day right.
Summery Fruit Salad
A grown-up sophisticated fruit salad with a charming drizzle of lavender syrup – it sounds delicious right? Plus it is simple to make.
5 pounds chopped stone fruits (peaches, apricots, nectarines, cherries, plums, etc.)
¼ brown sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh lavender buds
½ cup water
1. Mix sugar, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add lavender buds. Simmer for 2 minutes more.
3. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
4. Mix fruits in a large bowl and drizzle with the prepared syrup.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour up to 2 days.
You need a healthy and tasty breakfast, and you need it now. What will you do? Well, bake it in your microwave of course.
¼ cup quick oats
Handful of blueberries
1 egg or egg substitute such ax flax seed
1 tbsp brown sugar or stevia
1. Mix it all up in a coffee mug.
2. Place in the microwave for 1 minute.
3. Once it is done, flip the mug upside down onto a plate.
4. Decorate with some fresh strawberries.
Parsley Pear Smoothie
Now you might have frowned once you have seen ‘parsley’, but note that this plant is highly nutritious and a rich source of antioxidants. If used right it can make quite a flavorful ingredient.
1 small bunch parsley
2 Granny Smith apples
1 cup water
1 cup ice
1. Remove seed and skin from fruits.
2. Chop the fruits.
3. Put all the ingredients in a blender.
4. Blend until smooth.
image found on: foodnetwork.ca
Avocado offers outstanding health benefits, so it is an ideal way to start you great.
1 ripe avocado
Sea salt and pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
2 slices of multigrain bread
1. Toast the bread.
2. Cut and clean the avocado.
3. Scoop the avocado flesh and mash it with a fork.
4. Stir in the lemon juice.
5. Spread the mashed avocado on the bread slices.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
7. Finish with tomato and cheddar.
How do you like our choices for the first meal of the day? Try some of them and see how much energy can come from such a small package.
Sophia Smith is Australian based beauty and lifestyle blogger. She is very passionate about organic beauty products and healthy lifestyle. Sophia writes mostly in beauty related topics, mainly through blogs and articles. She is regular contributor at High Style Life and Ripped.me.