So, I haven’t posted in a while but I have been swamped with work and the weather was super hot with temperatures up to 44 degrees celsius ( 111.2 degrees fahrenheit) and around 80% humidity, so any chance I get I was trying to go to the beach to cool down a bit!
Certain temperatures make me feel helpless and super tired but I have been trying to stay super hydrated with cool water and coconut water. It is very easy to get dehydrated in these kinds of weather and it can be dangerous.
Staying hydrated is always important but it is extremely important in hot weather!
Some tips I found useful:
- Drink cold water Very frequently
- Drink coconut water which helps replacing electrolytes, especially if you work out
- Stay in cool places as much as possible
- Stay out of direct sunlight
- Keep a cool wet towel or wash cloth to wipe any sweat + you’ll feel cooler whilst your skin is damp and every tiny breeze feels really cooling
Heat and working out
I never used to workout in summer and warm weather as it usually leave me without energy. It is extremely important to stay super hydrated especially if you workout as you may easilly over heat your body. I have been following these tips below which I found very helpful in warm weather
- Alternate between natural coconut water and cool water during the workout
- Drink a glass of cool water before the workout
- Start my workout between 4.30am and 5am so by the time I finish the sun isn’t up yet and over 12 hours passed since the sun’s highest intensity
Do you have any tips for working out and staying active in hot weathers?
If you liked this post, share it on social media vid the buttons on the left hand side
Thank you for reading, let me know what you think in the comments below !