I don’t usually carry a full make up bag with me every day, unless I know I have an event or something where I don’t have time to go home and freshen up.
Having said so, I always carry a couple of items with me irrelevant of where I am going and I keep these items in a small makeup bag to make it easier to carry along and really easy to keep everything when changing bags.
Here are 10 items I always carry with me
- Lip balm / lip gloss – at the moment I am loving the Tanya Burr lip glosses and my current everyday shade is picnic in the park. You can find it here
- Facial spritzer – at the moment I am using the Omorovicza queen of Hungary mist which is amazing and you can find the full size here or a travel size in this lovely collection here
- Face Brush – My current choice is the Real techniques retractable kabuki brush which I find is perfect for both both powder and blush, and since it is retractable and comes with a cap, it is perfect to carry around whilst keeping the bristles safe. You can find this here
- Eye Pencil – I usually keep eye pencils that are nearing the end for this purpose so they are compact and light to carry around
- Blush – I usually pick the smallest size blush and am currently loving the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour in Live Pink, great hand bag size, lovely colour and lasts for ages. You can find it here
- Moisturizers – usually I decant my favourite moisturizer in a small pot to make it easier to carry around. I usually pick a moisturizer which I can use on my body, face and hands any time I get dry patches
- Eye Drops – my current one is Murine for irritation and redness and I find this really calming after hours at work on my computer
- Tweezers – I always carry tweezers with me as you never know what might come up!
- Hair essentials – Rubber band, snap clip and bobby pins – I usually keep multiple of these items in my bag
1 more product I’ve been carrying around with me lately are Face Wipes these can easily double up as wet wipes and are gentle enough to use on your face if need be. I am loving the ones by dirty works as they are really affordable, soft and just have a subtle scent.
A little tip that I find really helpful is to keep all small items in a small container. I use a clean tic-tac box and I keep all my bobby pins, rubber band, any small clips and my eye pencil if it is small enough. I find this makes it easier to quickly find bobby pins when needed without having to empty the whole bag to locate a bobby pin lurking at the bottom of your makeup bag.
What are the items you always carry with you?
Do you have any additional tips?
Thank you for reading 🙂 Let me know what you think in the comments below!