A little bit of History:
Potatoes are believe to have come from South America and sweet potatoes have their origins in Central America. Both sweet and regular potatoes are the tuber of the plant, designed to nourish the leafy part that grows above ground.
Sweet potatoes are known as antidiabetic because they are able to lower blood sugar levels. They also have antioxidant properties and are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Regular potatoes are a good source of vitamin B6, which aids your physical endurance, reduces stress, lessen the risk of cancer and protects your heart.
- Store your potatoes in a cool dark place and they should keep up for 2 months
- Cook a potato in the oven and then fill with tuna fish, sweet corn and greek youghurt for a tasty meal
- Mash your potatoes with garlic, black pepper, butter and almond milk and serve with meat and vegetables
- Slice sweet potatoes thinly and fry in a light oil spray or coconut oil and serve as an accompaniment or snack
- Cut sweet potato into chunks or chip size, sprinkle with garlic and cayenne pepper and roast in the oven on medium temperature until it is fully cooked
Do you have any favourite sweet / potato recipes? or other cool tips on this superfood?
Thank you for reading 🙂 Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Superfood Index | Vegan | Plant Based Edition
All Superfoods Section: